
"Throughout history, people have been a powerful force for positive change. That's because when people unite and call for action, change isn't just possible, it's inevitable. But no single person stormed the beaches of Normandy or ended slavery, and no single person will stop global warming. When we solve the climate crisis, it will be because of regular people like you and me. It will be because we, along with our neighbors, co-workers, and friends around the world, took a stand and demanded that our leaders make stopping global warming a top priority."
-Wecansolveit.org
Tonight I saw a commercial on TV, sponsored by the We organization, promoting 100% clean energy. As I was incredibly bored, I checked out the website. Turns out, this "we" organization is founded by the famous Al Gore. They're a non-profit effort trying to build a movement to end the energy crisis usually referred to as Global Warming.

These simple windmills have the power to harness a natural, renewable resource that we all take for granted and therefore don't put to better use. I don't see why we wouldn't have them set up everywhere under the sun.
I think that a movement like this can't move forward without we, the people, first banding together to form a network. That is why I joined the WE organization tonight. I advise you all to do the same. There's so much we can all do to speedify the progressive green movement. Simple things like shutting unused lights off in our house, or maintaining the proper tire pressure, or carpooling would not only reap benefits to the environment, but also to our wallets.

1 comment:
Jim,
I'm writing (from Mexico, no less) to inform you of three things:
1) You have stolen my footnote system which is vintage Drew Tschappat. I'm okay with this. I see your smeggy little friends have henceforth copied this system from you... now everyone is going to be doing it, ruining internet journalism as we know it. I suggest we work in tandem to eradicate these footnote system-stealing motherfuckers.
2) Link to my blog (for which I do not post anymore, but will soon) in your blog list. Obviously, if I start writing again it will be the most premium blog in Upstate Western New York and you are going to want to be associated with it. I have renamed it,"Una Mas Cerveza!" and it can be found at http://drewtschappat.blogspot.com/
3) I'm pretty sure you commited libel against me in one of your earlier blogs and I'm informed by my attorney that you are going to have a "knockdown airtight motherfucker lawsuit" on your hands. I will settle now for one taco bell crunchy taco -- no wait, TWO taco bell crunchy tacos as you already owe me one.
Post a Comment