Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm very glad my brother has neglected to change his mailing address to his current home. All of his mail is still delivered to my house, and it's kept in my room until he decides to come and visit us, and receive his mail. I suppose he thinks that if his mail is here, it guarantees that he will come to see his family every once in a while. If it weren't for his mail, he may never come here. (1)
Anyway, while ordering Christmas presents online, even though one could choose to have the purchases shipped anywhere in the world, he chose my house. (2) Since I actually picked out my own present that I would receive from him, when the box that said AMAZON was put in my room one day, I knew exactly what the contents were. Like a 7 year old trying to find where his Christmas presents were hidden so he could play with them a few days early, I opened the box the next night and began reading the book, Why We Believe What We Believe. (3)
After reading the first two paragraphs of this post, you may be under the impression that in this blog I would be talking about the book that I had begun to read. (4) However, I may have tricked you. The inspiration for this blog did come to me as I was reading the book, but it was not from the book itself. It was actually from the music I was listening to as I was reading. These Modest Mouse lyrics broke my concentration on the book somehow, and therefore must have been significant.
"We treat mishaps like sinking ships
And I know that I don't want to be out to drift.
Well, I can see it in your eyes like I taste your lips
And they both tell me that we're better than this."
-Modest Mouse, Little Motel
Mmm... good reading, good music... What else could a guy want?
1. Other than the other things that he gets whenever he comes here.
  • The best meals are cooked on the days that Joe is here. Ironic timing, no?
  • The food that is cooked specifically for Joe to take home with him, like oatmeal cookies.
  • Free laundry.
  • Music updates for his iPod.

2. Obviously so my mother can wrap the presents, and thus saving him more time and effort.

3. Hey, give me a break. I am currently unemployed, and therefore have absolutely nothing to do! Reading is all I've got, and as you should have read in the previous post, I finished Gatsby already.

4. Wrong bitch!

1 comment:

Tori parmenter said...

I think it's also important to note that not only is Joe saving time and effort by having your mother wrap the gifts he plans to give, but he's also saving money - something we all know is the biggest priority in Joseph's life.